Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Run Your Forward Race



“You cannot run a forward race looking backwards.”

That word came to me on yesterday when I was tempted for a slight moment to give ear to a temptation of my past. When temptation was whispering in my ear as I was driving home, I begin to picture myself running a forward race while looking backwards-It just doesn't work. Immediately I smiled and thank God for my window of escape by his encouraging words to me-“You cannot run a forward race looking backwards”.

This word helped me so much that I had to share it 
with you. You cannot bring your past into your present and expect to get to your future all together-that’s called insanity. Your past is marked history and belongs behind you. The very moment your past decides to cross the boarder lines into your present, you forcefully remind your past where it belongs, and demand it to cross back over to the lines of history. 

You cannot entertain the very thoughts and people of your past, because they don’t know or respect the NEW YOU; they will always perceive you as how they met you. You don’t have time to try to explain the new you to your past, it’s just a waste of time and energy. Keep in mind my friend that your past does not have the capacity to walk alongside with you in your present, and grow with you into your bright future. So face forward and continue to run your purposeful race that has been set out before you.

God Bless

~Mechelle Stokes  


No comments:

Post a Comment