Thursday, February 14, 2013

TrueLoveWaits: Valentine's Day Blues





Are you over there pouting at your desk or place of employment because the flower man didn't deliver you any flowers? Listen ladies if you’re suffering from the V-Day blues I want you to take two dosage of “Love Yourself First” and call me in the morning. You have to Love you first if you desire someone else to truly (and faithfully) love you in return. And loving you is not rolling your eyes at your co-worker’s flower arrangement, or eating all their chocolates up out of spite. Loving you is doing something special for yourself, just as simple as taking extra time on yourself while getting dress this V-Day Morning (I know that may sound weird or lame but try it, spend a little extra time on you instead of dashing out the door every morning…Make time to take time on you). Or take yourself out and try something new on the menu and if you decide not to partake alone, invite some friends (Guy friends or Girlfriends or Both) to join you on this new food adventure. You want to be around people that you truly enjoy being around and the same goes for them. Stay away from individuals who tolerate you instead of loving you-You don’t deserve any phony play. 

 Now I know some of you are saying I tried ALL of that and then some- hugging myself, loving myself, dating myself, being by myself, I have literally mastered it. My response to you is KEEP IT SPICY!!! Just like any relationship you have to keep it fresh by throwing a little spice into the relationship so it won't turn bland on you. The same concept goes for you as well, keep the spiciness going in your relationship with YOU. So how can you keep it spicy? Do something pleasantly out of your comfort zone- wear that fiery RED lipstick you've been wanting to wear for the longest out, wear a bold color attire instead of your comfortable usual colors, try something NEW. For example if you’re invited to a social V-Day event please I beg of you DO NOT wear the usual V-day Colors. Find yourself wearing a becoming color that night that stands out and turn heads all at the same time. 

This is your V-Day world, SO OWN IT!! Do the lovable things that you desire to have on V-Day-send yourself some flowers or an Editable Arrangement (I so love those things), go out and socialize, hit the day spa (Oh how I love the spa), but DO NOT I repeat DO NOT find yourself creeping backwards to Mr. Joe Blow (better known as Mr. Counterfeit) who you know is no good and absolutely NO good for you ( There Shall be NO quickies Tonight...I have eyes all over the city…So Don’t do it). Continue to move forward and stay encourage, keep in mind that V-Day represents a day of love, but love should be represented (especially towards yourself) every day. So change your outlook on V-Day and tell depression and loneliness to be GONE!! I want you to find ways to get back to loving you FIRST.

:::::Happy Valentines Day from Me to You!! :::::: 

~MechelleRenee 


No comments:

Post a Comment