Friday, August 15, 2014

The Moment of Truth…



Today I overcame a challenge and weighed myself, now before I share with you (and world) how much I currently weigh I must share with you my journey to the leading up to stepping on the scale. From reading the previous post you will find that I am on a journey to a healthier “ME” For Real. This entails a healthier Spirit, Soul, and Body. Today was my official day that I began my workout plan. Now I am one of those people that I do not do the same workout every day, at the same time- I just go with the flow.

I woke up with a taste for Special K cereal, and I didn’t have any in the house. Publix is about 2 miles away from where I live, and I got this bright idea to kill two birds with one stone- walk to Publix and pick up some cereal. So I changed into my workout gear, grab my recyclable grocery bag, and I was out the door.  The trail was nice! I enjoyed watching the trees sway to the music of the wind, and the sun was still hiding behind the morning clouds. The summer weather was a little warm, but my rag and bottle of water kept me cool.

While walking, I could not help but observe the beauty of God’s creation. There is nothing more beautiful than seeing the reflection of the sunlight pierce its way through the trees. I felt like the trees where happy to see me. I even got a new prospective on spiders, watching them hang tight in the middle of their magnificent web they spun was amazing. Just think this little insect is an artist, now granted I would not like to see one in my house but outside in their own habitat is beautiful.

I finally made it to Publix, and my mission was operation find the scale. Of course like every Publix everywhere the scale is right in front of the store, I mean what is that about? Any who I pressed on towards the scale anyway. When I got there, it was absolutely no one in sight except for George- a little elderly employee cleaning the complimentary coffee area, I was totally relieved. So the moment of truth came, I stepped onto the scale and the moving needle seemed like it was never going to stop! Nevertheless, it did, and it landed on the number two hundred and ninety-two pounds. Yes! That was my moment of truth, and to my surprise the results didn’t put my psyche into a gloomy mood, instead I happily knew that this was going to be the last time I would (ever) see those numbers again when stepping onto a scale.

My Motivating scripture is still Hebrews 12:11 (NIV)- No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. Although my current weight is 292 pounds I am encourage to know that I will never read those numbers again...Not while I'm standing on the scale! 


“I am determined to live and be a healthier “ME” For Real.”



No comments:

Post a Comment