Monday, May 20, 2013

SECOND HALF- Is our time to SHINE



I am a huge Miami Heat fan (now to ALL my non-Heat fans, please do not roll your eyes at me…Moving on LOL). Okay, so for the basketball fans out there we know that right now the Playoffs are going on- The Western Conference is locked in with the San Antonio Spurs and Memphis Grizzlies are set to battle. In the Eastern Conference, the Miami Heat awaits the winner between the New York Knicks and the Indiana Pacers (stay with me I’m going somewhere with this). However, I want to draw your attention to the Chicago Bulls vs. the Miami Heat’s second to last game that was played in Chicago. Why this particular game because it will prove the point of my message to you today.
  
For the first half the Bulls were in the lead, playing strong, and I tell you those Chicago Bulls fans were hype. Nate Robinson was hitting 3point shots left and right, and we were still behind (I was very relaxed in my chair; I had confidence in my boys). The first half buzzer sounded off to let us know that the second half was vastly approaching. So you know me being the Assistant Coach and all I had to have a heart to heart locker room talk with my boys- giving them their pep talk (screaming) “SECOND HALF is OUR TIME to SHINE!!!” Go out there and own the court, and so they did just that. Dwyane Wade (despite his knee injury) got his second wind and dominated the court along with the dynamic LeBron James, and the rest of the Miami Heat team. We WON that night, not because of my pep talk (wink), but I believed that they believed (with injuries and all) that SECOND HALF was there time to SHINE.

The first part of your life may have not gone the way you've expected it to go; things may have happen in your life that were totally out of your control, but I have good news for you SECOND HALF IS YOUR TIME TO SHINE!! Own and dominate the second half of your life. Start Now!! Believe in yourself and know that God created you to shine. For so long we have allowed people who mean well, naysayers, haters, those unfortunate events that occurred in our life to hinder us from being in the lead of our own Game-this STOPS HERE. Locker Room Time: “Forget about the first half (your past) because you can’t change what’s on the scoreboard, and concentrate on the Second Half (your present and your future) because you can change that scoreboard to benefit and to show proof the true essence of who God created you to be. The clock has started, and the ball was just passed to you- what’s your next move?

SECOND HALF is YOUR TIME to SHINE!!!

~MechelleRenee 


No comments:

Post a Comment