Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Driving on Empty



Have you ever tried to drive an extra mile longer, after noticing that your gas light had come on?  You continued to press on the gas while praying for all green lights, in hopes of getting to your destination safely and on time (Can I get a witness?). So by God's grace and your "You Can Make It" Pep-talk to your car, you sped right pass the nearest gas station and made it (by the skin of your teeth) to your destination. But now it’s time for you to get back into your car, and drive to your next destination-Houston we NOW have a problem, you’re driving on Empty.

For the past two months I've been working on my first book, and lately I've been getting a bad case of writer’s block. Now don't get me wrong, everything that I do and write about is inspired by God; he is the one who gives me the words to write, and is in charge of the direction of my creativity. But lately I've been hitting a brick wall of writing nothing. Words were not flowing for me like usual, and my creativity was shot. I felt crippled in the very thing that I was created to do-I was so frustrated!!! I remember walking away from my laptop (to prevent from throwing it out the window), and I found myself sitting in my living room in silence, staring at the wall as I tried to calm myself down. Being in a state of frustration is a bad place to be, because the flow of your gifts and talents are being blocked by your frustration.

After a moment of sitting in silence the voice of the Lord spoke to my heart and said “You’re Driving on Empty.”  The Lord begins to explain to me that he is the source (the gas station) and I must take the time out to let him recharge me on a daily bases-Quality Time spent praying and reading His word. In order for you to pour into the lives of others, you must first allow God to pour into your spiritual pitcher so that you will be able to pour into others- You no longer can drive on empty. 

Just think of it this way-before going on your road trip, you made sure that your bags were packed accordingly, your GPS was set, your snacks were packed and within arms reach for you to grab, but with all of your preparation you cannot hit the road without having gas in your car-No Gas= No Road-trip.  God is your gas to your car, allow him today to spiritually give you a fill-up.Now put your blanker on and turn right into God's 24 hour Gas Station. Stop Driving on Empty. 

God Bless

~Mechelle Stokes  



No comments:

Post a Comment