Tuesday, February 5, 2013

You’re Beautiful: Woman to Woman



For the past week or so it has been brought to my attention of how women negatively respond or react towards other women. Now I’m fully a where that women hating on other women is no surprise to me or you, but what I've seen just in this week alone has me saying woman to woman stop bad mouthing your sister or SISTHA- enough is enough. I know you’re probably wondering what happen; “Well girl let me tell you”... So I’m naturally a people watcher, who enjoys watching individuals be their natural selves when they are not a where of someone looking. This week alone I’ve witness the sweet sincerity of a woman complimenting another on how cute her dress looked on her, and I also came close to diving for the fire extinguisher to put out the jealousy flames being launched across the room from one woman to another on the dance floor (Boy it was getting hot in there).

It is bad enough ladies that in our society women are viewed as perky breasts and sexy thighs, rather than the beautiful Queens God created us to be. So in not knowing the Queen inside of us, we frown up our faces and say really mean things to one another, which can really cause serious damage- some words do hurt more than broken bones by sticks and stones. Verbal abuse is not something that only men are caught doing; women however have perfected the Art of Verbally Abusing one another to the point that we can unconsciously do it while keeping a smile on our faces. 

I heard or read a saying once (I can’t remember where) that bound people cannot STAND to see the sight of someone free. This statement says a mouth full and I believe it to be very true. Women who repeatedly hate on other women are projecting out what she really feels about herself on the inside. I use to be one of those women who negatively projected on others the way that I really felt about myself. Every woman in passing I would have something negative to say- “who told her that she looked good wearing that” “Lord, can you believe that hair due?” I was projecting out the verbal abuse that I was held victim of myself. I would internally tell myself 24hours a day that “I wasn't beautiful enough,” “I was too fat,” “You’re not good enough, “You don’t have what it takes” and so forth (Does this internal dialogue sound familiar?).

Ladies lets break this horrific cycle of verbal abuse to ourselves first and to one another second., Let’s decide to make a change today by first awarding ourselves with a beautiful compliment. Don’t short change yourself, really compliment yourself on something that you love or enjoy about YOU. It doesn't have to be something physical, it can very well be your fun personality, or the way you can throw down in the kitchen, whatever it is give yourself a sincere compliment today and the next day and the next, until your  pitcher is full of inner compliments from yourself. And in return to you will be able to pour into another woman a sincere  compliment. It is the love and kindness of people that draws people to people, not the hate; become a love drawer today by first drawing your own self with compliments laced in love. You're Beautiful: Woman to Woman. 

~MechelleRenee 







No comments:

Post a Comment